Files get corrupted and result in appropriate dialog boxes or cause trouble when clicked to open. The corruption is due to the system crash, mistaken operation, or the virus attack. The files that are corrupted are unusable or inoperable.
And, this is when people grope online or browse looking for “how to fix corrupted files?” or “how to uncorrupt file?”, or how to recover corrupted files?”.
So, if you are riding on the same boat and need to know “how to fix a corrupted file?”, or “how to repair corrupted files?” then we got you the third-party file recovery working solutions in the form of file recovery software.
Stick till the end to learn how to fix a corrupted file.
# Software 1
RecoverIt Data Recovery
The RecoverIt Data is an effective and safe data recovery software. This software is used as a file recovery system and tool for fixing the corrupted file.
- It helps to recover the corrupt files from the computer, USB hard drive memory card safely and effectively.
- Recover files and data with a high success rate and without quality loss.
- Supports the Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista, and Mac OS 10.13, 10.12, 10.11, 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7, 10.6. It is free to download and install.
- This software allows repairing files like Word, Excel, Zip, and
- It offers excellent search options to detect the files in an instant.
- It provides extraordinary preview features that allow seeing contents of the file.
Steps to recover files through RecoverIt Data Recovery:
- Step 1 – Firstly, select a data recovery mode
- Step 2 – Connect the USB hard drive and make sure it is detected, later select it to get started.
- Step 3 – The software starts the first scan to search the USB hard drive and previews the recoverable files. If no file is found the switch to “All-around recovery” mode that deeply scans and takes more time.
- Step 4 – From the previewed files (JPEG, JPG, GIF, PNG) click on “Recover” o get the files back.
Note: Make sure to choose different save location to avoid data overwriting that can again cause data loss.
# Software 2
Hetman File Repair
When it comes to repairing the files, the efforts vary. The repairing of the existing files seems to be a tougher task when compared to the file recovery. But the Hetman File Repair can be your extra hand in making the file repairing task simpler and quicker.
- The tool applies content level repairs to many types of documents and archived files.
- It allows automatic fixing of the corrupted files that can’t open or show error messages when attempted to open and save them in a different specified folder.
- The tool is extremely easy to use with an Explorer-like interface and step-by-step wizard.
Steps to repair corrupted files through Hetman File Repair:
- Step 1 – Launch the “Recovery Wizard” after configuring. The Wizard configures the tool each time it runs.
- Step 2 – Select the files that require repairing by switching to the thumbnail mode. This will automatically generate the thumbnails making the damaged files obvious and easy to select. In this step, the user can add the files, remove the files, sort the files or view the files.
- Step 3 – The software performs a quick analysis or a comprehensive The user here as two options to choose from “Analyze”, which quickly locates and repairs the logical errors and is the fastest mode or “Research”, where badly damaged files are repaired and are analyzed for a longer period.
- Step 4 – The files repaired can be saved in the following ways. By selecting a path, or overwriting the files with the same name, or saving the directory structure.
So, these were the solutions for “how to fix corrupted files”, “How to uncorrupt files”, or “How to repair corrupted files”.
Now let’s learn how to avoid your files from getting corrupted or damaged
How to prevent your files from getting corrupted?
To keep your files from getting damaged or virus attacks there are few preventive measures you can take. These preventive measures can keep your data safer and healthier. Below are a few causes of data corruption and measures that can prevent them.
The bad sectors are mostly considered as the tiny bits of storage that are faulty. The faults are due to disk errors which are caused by physical damage or logical errors. A periodic scan of the drive and safe removing of the external drives can help you keep from bad sectors.
Virus affected files
The virus infection is the most common data corruption. This can happen by downloading the files from unsafe sources or plugging in the flash drive in other sources that may be infected. Scan the documents from time to time and anti-virus software can keep your files from virus infection.
The crashing of the systems are again the most common phenomena and are caused by programs or incorrect installation of hardware. The file that is saved at the moment gets crashed and corrupted resulting in a corrupt file.
Creating a boot drive can help you get the data backed up and reinstall the conflicting programs.
Let’s hope the above content have you figured out the solution for “how to fix corrupted files” and the mentioned software help you all the way to fix the corrupt files or to recover them. On the other hand, implementing preventive measures can keep your data safe and healthy.
And in case you get the files corrupted then you can use the mentioned software to repair them.
You Might Also Be Interested In: