Minecraft is an ultimate 3D sandbox video game. It allows players to mine the precious metal or ore from the surrounding environment and to create some ambitious structures. The credit for its creation goes to Swedish developer Markus Persson. This game was released in 2011 by Mojang. Later on, it was purchased by Microsoft in 2014.
Every game lover is having in-depth knowledge about the specifications of their favourite game. Before moving on to our direct concern “Ways to Allocate More Ram To Minecraft”, First let me brief you about the minimum requirements which Minecraft game lover should have in their PC or Desktop. The minimum requirements are as follow:
- CPU: Intel Core i3 3210 | AMD A8 7600 APU or equivalent
- OS: 64-bit Windows 7 or advanced
- RAM: 4 GB RAM
- GPU: Intel HD Graphics 4000 or AMD Radeon R5 series | NVIDIA GeForce 400 Series or AMD Radeon HD 7000 series
- HDD: 180 MB to 1 GB
- Screen Resolution: 1024 x 768 or better
- Network: Broadband Internet connection
Above are some of the minimum requirements to play Minecraft. But we would like to recommend some advanced specifications which might be helpful while you play Minecraft, to have some amazing and lively experience while playing. The recommendations are as follow:
- CPU: Intel Core i5 4690 | AMD A10 7800 or equivalent
- OS: 64-bit Windows 10
- RAM: 8 GB RAM
- GPU: NVIDIA GeForce 700 Series | AMD Radeon Rx 200 Series
- HDD: 4 GB
As the game enthusiasts might have seen or observed that in past few years Minecraft has been renowned. The reason for its popularity is its availability on many platforms. The list of platforms includes Android, Windows, iOS, and Mac. Like many other games, to play Minecraft you have to have enough RAM. The main issue here is that Minecraft uses 1 GB of RAM by default. To have better gaming experience we suggest you allocate more RAM to Minecraft. Also, it is an intensive game and its background keeps running a lot of things. If you don’t have enough RAM, you might encounter some issues while playing. Sometimes it might be possible that you’re not able to play games because of not having enough RAM.
Game lovers have a lot of questions related to RAM allocation in Minecraft. Few of them can be “how to allocate more ram to Minecraft in 2020”, “how to allocate more ram to Minecraft server”. Well, this article is going to clear all your concerns related to RAM allocation in Minecraft. We are going to explain in-depth on How to allocate more RAM to Minecraft?
Most of the game enthusiasts are worried about this RAM part as it is related to computers and servers. Let me tell you, it does not require you to be a computer expert or IT geek to overcome the RAM issue. All you need to do is to follow the step-by-step guide, (which you will find in this article) carefully.
You might feel relaxed after knowing that it is quite easy to allocate more RAM to Minecraft. There are a few easy ways to do so. You need to make sure that you have enough RAM in your PC/Desktop which you spare to Minecraft.
How to Check “ how much RAM your Pc has”?
To check RAM on your PC follow the below steps:
- Click Start
- Select Settings icon
- Click About
- Go to Device Specifications
- Check for Installed RAM.
Here, you can see how much RAM your PC has to spare.
As per Minecraft’s minimum requirements, 2 GB of RAM is enough. However, Minecraft’s recommended specifications advice for 4 GB of RAM. If your Pc has more than that, you’re all set. Now you can allocate the RAM as Minecraft recommends to provide you with a more lively experience while playing. You might have heard about Minecraft Server. First, we are going to explain about Minecraft Server.
For newbies, who are not aware of the Minecraft server. This article is for you too. Minecraft server is a multiplayer mode available on Minecraft. It allows players to play and interact with other players. To accomplish this it gives you two options to connect either online or via LAN. In short, the main purpose of the Minecraft server is to offer a better gaming experience to its players.
Moving onto different ways to allocate RAM to Minecraft. Below you will find step-by-step instructions to do the same. Follow them accurately. 4 ways to allocate RAM to Minecraft are as follows.
To Allocate More RAM to Minecraft with Default launcher.
- Open the Minecraft Launcher
- Select Version (either Bedrock or Java)
- Click Installations (tabs at the top). You will be shown a list of releases.
- Bring cursor on the list, click three dots icon (right side)
- Click Edit
- Screen with the name of installation, version and settings appears. Click More options
- Scroll down and find JVM Arguments. ( It contains many codes)
- Look at the first snippet which appears as Xmx2G ( Number signifies the amount of RAM Minecraft uses). Change it from 2 to 4. (Xmx4G)
- Click Save
- Reopen Minecraft
You are done here. The change you might experience in performance. The performance also depends upon the apps running in the background.
To Allocate More RAM to Minecraft without Default launcher.
- Get access to Minecraft_server.exe ( It’s Minecraft server directory which is nothing but a folder that contain the file Minecraft_server.exe)
- Click Home
- Select New Item
- Create a Text Document in the directory (select Text Document)
- Open new text document, start typing java -Xmx####M -Xms####M-exe Minecraft_Server.exe -o true PAUSE ( #### denotes amount of RAM you want to allocate to Minecraft in MB, 1GB=1024MB)
- Click File, choose Save As ( Change file type to All Files.) Save the document.
- Replace the extension .txt to .bat
This is how you can allocate more RAM to Minecraft without default launcher. This document works as a new launcher. Double click on the file to run this new launcher.
To Allocate More RAM to Minecraft with other launchers.
To allocate more RAM to Minecraft, there are some other launchers available which you can use to fulfil this purpose. We will discuss ATLauncher and Voidswrath, which are famous Launchers. Using these to the launcher is quite easy and simple and less time consuming too.
- Open ATLauncher
- Click Settings (on the bottom right)
- Go to Java or Minecraft tab.
- Locate Maximum Memory/RAM.
- Change the allocated RAM to the desired amount
It is done. Now you can re-launch the game and experience the change in performance.
- Open VoidLauncher
- Go to Options (on the top right of the page)
- Search for Minecraft Options
- Click the memory dropdown
- Change the allocated RAM to the desired amount.
- Click Save
Once it is done. You can re-launch the game. You’re ready to experience the changes.
To Allocate More RAM to Minecraft with The Twitch Desktop App.
Twitch launcher allows you to play a variety of Minecraft’s mods. All you need to do is to change the settings. To do so follow the below-mentioned steps.
- Open Twitch Desktop App
- Click three lines icon (top left)
- Go to Files
- Click Settings
- Go to Minecraft tab
- Scroll down and select Java Settings
- Search for Allocated Memory
- Click Slider and move it to left or right to adjust RAM allocation.
- Go back to Minecraft tab
- Go to Mods
You can re-launch Minecraft which has updated RAM.
Wrapping it up
After reading this article, you might be sure enough that you know how to allocate more RAM to Minecraft. We intend to provide you with more valuable content. We are open to your suggestions. Your suggestions might help us to improve so that we could come up with better quality.