Facebook is a well known and most popular social media app that is easy to access on both desktop and mobile. You must have noticed that we receive constant updates from facebook which indicates the change in the Facebook interface or any other terms and conditions is uncertain. It is the same for other social media applications. Updates are meant to help us and improve our interaction with that particular application’s interface. Sometimes the updates might come with such features which are not that easy to follow or use. We are here to help you out. You don’t need to worry. Keep enjoying it!!
Have you ever thought about how to tag someone in a Facebook comment? How to tag someone in a post (pictures or video)? In this article, we’re going to explain the simplest ways on how to tag on Facebook for mobile and desktop.
Let us begin with the most certain question people ask about tagging on Facebook.
- How to tag someone on Facebook post on a desktop or mobile?
- How to tag someone on the Facebook photo on a desktop or mobile?
- How to tag someone on Facebook comment on a desktop or mobile?
- How to tag someone on Facebook?
- What are Five Simple ways to tag someone on Facebook for desktop and mobile?
First, let me ask you something. What do you mean by “tagging on Facebook”? If you already know, it’s great. For those who don’t know anything about tagging. This article will help you to understand. Tagging is a feature in Facebook, which is used to create a link to another Facebook user’s profile, giving users the ability to identify and giving reference to their friends or pages in photos, posts, comments and statuses.
Before we begin with our main concern. It would be better to know basic things.
- Open the Facebook app. Blue app icon with a white f.
- If you’re not signed in automatically then log in.
- NOTE: You may not be able to tag some people or businesses pages due to their privacy settings. Only that particular people or business page can allow you to tag them in your posts on Facebook.
So, How to tag someone on Facebook? Let’s cover it now. Here, we move on to tagging in a photo on Facebook. Below I’ll provide you a step-by-step guide on how to tag someone in a photo on both a desktop and mobile.
How to tag someone in a photo on Facebook on desktop or Mobile?
Steps to be followed to Tag someone in a picture on Facebook:
- Tap on an image in one of your photo albums, either on your Timeline or on others Timeline.
- Tap the icon shaped like a shopping tag at the top of the screen.
- Once you tap it will turn blue and you can see the face present in that picture appear in square frame.
- Tap on the photo. Usually, tags of people appearing in a photo are placed on top of their image (face), but you can tap anywhere you like.
- Start typing the name of a person you want to tag.
- Tap the name of the person you want to tag when it appears in the drop down box. Doing so tags them in the picture.
- Tap X (cross) in the upper-left corner when you’re finished tagging.
Now you are well aware about how to tag on Facebook! This article provides everything you need to know on how to tag on Facebook either on desktop or mobile. We have also discussed the shortcuts on how to tag quickly from a desktop or mobile.
How to tag someone in a Facebook post on desktop or mobile?
You will find a step-by-step walkthrough on how to tag someone in a post on both a desktop and mobile. Believe me, it’s very simple and interesting too. Who doesn’t like mentioning their friends in their group photos and posts? I hope No-one.
Steps to be followed to Tag someone in a post:
- Start a new post by tapping the status update prompt at the top of your News Feed or Timeline. It will read “What’s on your mind…?”, “Would you like to share a status, photo, life event etc.?”
- Select Tag People. It’s next to a Photo/Video near the bottom of the screen.
- You will see “Who are you with?” prompt, at the top of the screen.
- Alternatively, tap someone who appears in the “SUGGESTIONS” list on the screen or you can start typing the name of a person you want to tag.
- Tap the name of the person you want to tag from the drop-down menu. Type other people’s names and tap them if you want to tag more than one person in your post.
- Tap Done in the upper-right when you’re finished. On Android, the button may be labelled as “Next”.
- Tap Post in the upper-right corner. Now, Your post will appear on your Timeline, and the other people whom you tagged, will receive a notification that you tagged them in a post.
You should check your ‘Share To’ settings to share your post with your desired audience. Whether you want your post to be visible in News feed or Story, choose as per your need and press “Share Now”.
There are no particular rules to be followed when you mention someone on Facebook. You can mention anyone on Facebook in your post or comment who has set their permissions to allow it. The intention behind Tagging is to indicate when someone was present when a picture was taken or post have some valuable content for that person or business you are tagging. That’s why Facebook uses facial recognition and provides a box around recognized faces to make tagging easier for you. When you mention someone in a comment the Facebook user that you mention will get a notification and their name in your comment will be linked to their profile.
If you forgot to mention or tag, a Facebook user or Page in a post, that is Not an Issue. Now also you can alter that post and incorporate the mention or tag whatever you want. It’s positively best to do that as quickly as time permits so the changes get included within the post, however irrespective of when you make the changes, the user or Page will, in any case, be notified.
Removing the tag is also easy. It might happen that you’ve accidentally tagged the wrong person or want to remove someone from a post, you simply have to click the ‘x’ (cross button) next to their name to remove the tag. Here, your post is ready to share. Click “Share”.
You can also choose the audience who can see your post. In the event that you don’t want your photograph, post or other content to be shown to the friends of the person you tagged, you can go to settings and change the audience each time you post or share something on Facebook.
In case you want to know more about tagging visibility and conceivable outcomes, go to your Facebook settings and tap on Timeline and Tagging Settings. I hope this article covers all the basic and required information related to tagging on Facebook