Garlic is closely related to the onion family. It is more often used in cooking for flavouring purposes. Before you learn how to roast peeled garlic or how to make roasted garlic without foil, we would like to explain about the natural benefits of garlic. We can learn something with more enthusiasm only if we are aware of the benefits of that same thing.
Let me tell you, roasted garlic has its inherited benefits for our body. Few of those benefits include:
- Garlic has potent medicinal properties.
- Garlic helps in detoxifying heavy minerals from the body.
- Garlic also contains antioxidants, helps in preventing Alzheimer’s disease.
- Garlic may reduce the risk of heart diseases as it improves cholesterol level.
- Garlic also helps maintain blood pressure.
- Garlic boosts the functions of the immune system, hence combat sickness.
Like these, there are various important functions of garlic when consumed roasted. Garlic is roasted to improve its taste and to make it easier to digest. There are various simple ways to roast garlic. Let us discuss those ways in simple language. Below are the Six Ways To Make Roasted Garlic Without Foil. We also discuss how long it will take to Roast Garlic.
There are few preconditions which need to be met before we start roasting the garlic oven. The oven needs to be preheated for a certain temperature for a fixed amount of time. As per the requirement peel off the garlic without detaching garlic cloves from the head or slice the top part of the garlic head off. In this article, we will discuss the preheat temperature and time. Let’s begin!!
Roasting Garlic in fry Pan on Stove:
Nowadays you might find pre-peeled garlic cloves in Grocery stores. It is very convenient. We will tell you how to Roast Peeled Garlic on the stove. Follow below mentioned steps to roast as many garlic cloves as you want.
- Take a small saucepan or fry pan. In this pour 4 tbsp of olive oil. Heat the pan until the olive oil gets warm. Now, add garlic cloves to the pan. Do remember you should not overcrowd the pan.
- Heat the pan on a medium flame for 2-3 minutes. Keep stirring the cloves in the pan instead of settling at the same position. Don’t let them fry for long.
- Now, after sometime reduce the heat to between low and medium. Stir properly to coat the garlic cloves in hot oil. Left the garlic cloves for cooking slowly for 15-30 minutes. Continue stirring and flipping the cloves until the cloves turn soft and golden.
- Now, take out the cloves from the oil with a spoon. Allow the oil to cool.
- Your roasted garlic cloves with infused olive oil are ready to use for cooking or flavouring. You can reuse the oil.
Roasting Garlic in Muffin Pan:
This part will explain to you how to Roast in the oven. Using two muffin pans of the same size you can roast a lot of garlic in on go. You need to either slice the head and put it in a pan or use peeled garlic cloves.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Drizzle each head of garlic with 2 tsp of olive oil each. So that the exposed head of the cloves and surfaces are coated with a light layer of olive oil with even coverage.
- Cover the garlic muffin pan by inverting another muffin pan directly on top of it. To cover each muffin cup with another muffin cup.
- Roast in the oven for about 40-45 minutes, until the heads of garlic turn soft and golden.
Roasting Garlic in a Roasting Dish in Oven:
In the market, the garlic roasting dish with a lid is available. You can purchase that. Follow the instructions as mentioned in the dish manual. Preheat the oven to the recommended temperature and time.
- Put garlic heads in the dish. Use 2 tsp of olive oil to drizzle each garlic head evenly.
- Now, Cover the roasting dish and roast it at the recommended temperature for the recommended time.
- Once the set time gets over to remove the lid.
Your roasted soft and golden garlic cloves are ready to use or serve.
Roasting Garlic in Loaf Pan/Bread Pan:
You can use a loaf pan to roast garlic in the oven. You need to preheat the oven to 400°F and slice off the garlic heads as done in the above methods. your prepared heads of garlic into the loaf pan and drizzle with 2 tsp of olive oil each, coating the heads evenly.
- Put the garlic in the loaf pan. Use 2 tsp of olive oil for each garlic head to drizzle evenly.
- As loaf pans don’t have lids. You will be needing something like foil paper to cover the pan.
- Don’t let the foil touch the garlic heads.
- Roast in the oven for about 40-45 minutes or until the heads of garlic are soft and golden.
Here, roasted garlic is ready for use. Peel it and enjoy the yumminess. You need to be careful while removing the foil to avoid any burn, due to steam accumulated during the roasting process. When it gets cool, remove the roasted cloves by pulling the head apart.
Roasting Garlic in Parchment Paper:
This method of roasting requires a parchment paper. Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Cut parchment paper in the square so that the garlic heads are completely covered.
- Take a flat baking dish. Put the parchment on top of the foil. Keep the garlic heads in the centre of the parchment papers and coat them with olive oil.
- Now, wrap up the garlic in the parchment paper. To cover the garlic completely crumple the paper at the top.
- Roast in the hot oven for 40-45 minutes until the cloves turn soft and golden.
- The garlic will not get roasted here but steamed.
- Once the time is up, take the garlic out of the packet.
Be alert, while you take out the garlic from the paper, to avoid any burn due to steam accumulated during the roasting process.
Roasting Individual Garlic Cloves in Oven:
Here, we will explain to you how to Roast Garlic Cloves in the oven. Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Separate each garlic clove from the garlic head or you can buy already separated garlic cloves available in the market.
- Now, cut the ends of cloves. Peel each clove.
- Place the cloves in a small shallow oven-safe baking dish with a lid.
- Put 1/2 cup of olive oil in the dish.
- Cover the dish tightly with its lid to avoid bouncing of cloves inside the oven.
- Roast the garlic cloves for 40 minutes.
- Now, switch off the oven and let it cool.
Roasted cloves are ready to serve. You can preserve them for later use. You can also use olive oil further.
How to use Roasted Garlic?
- Refrigerate: You can easily freeze cloves for future use.
- If you’ve roasted a whole head, remove garlic cloves from the head. If you have roasted garlic clove by clove, separate them from the olive oil and spread the roasted cloves on a baking sheet. Refrigerate them and then put the frozen cloves into a sealed container.
- However, you can also mash the roasted cloves. Then store them in an ice cube tray. But you cannot use this tray for further use as it will absorb the smell of the garlic.
Thank you for reading this article. We hope you liked it. In this article on How to Roast Garlic – Six Ways To Make Roasted Garlic Without Foil, we have not used aluminium foil. As we all are aware of the disadvantages of using aluminium foil. Avoid the use of Aluminium foil. Eat Healthy!! Stay Healthy!!