The market is vibrant with smartphones that come with various functions and iPhone is one of the most trustworthy, decent, and substantial phones at present with its unique rooted security features.
iPhones have therefore created a separate fan base, but the users cannot use their iPhones without a SIM card. They require a SIM card to activate their phones. This feature is convenient in Android OS phones. A number of iPhone users have accounted that they would like to use their smartphones without a SIM card.
Your iPhone doesn’t deliver you an option to activate your phone without your SIM card. However, we have a way of handling your phone with no SIM card.
Here, you will read about a few valid ways through which you can eliminate this restriction from your iPhone and operate it without a SIM card.
Ways to activate the iPhone without a SIM card
In this article, we have examined various methods of activating an iPhone without a SIM card and without connecting to Wi-Fi. There might be some glitches in these methods, but you can try a few of them to use your iPhone without a SIM Card.
- Use iTunes to activate your phone
Apple’s iTunes is one of the most effective tools to evade the iPhone activation process. You can easily activate your phone and manage your device as a new iPhone. There are significant chances that this trick will work.
It depends on the factor if a particular network protects your phone. If your phone is unlocked, you may try these steps. You will need an unlocked phone and a computer where you are able to run iTunes.
- The most important thing to have here is the advanced version of iTunes. You can download it through the official website of Apple and connect it to your desktop.
- If there is a notification popping up informing you about the absence of a SIM card in your iPhone, it implies that your phone is protected by a particular carrier. You will then require a similar SIM card to activate your phone. If you don’t have a SIM card, you can lease it from someone. You’ll need this SIM card during the process of activation and not iTunes.
- If your phone isn’t locked, you’ll receive a notification that will explain you further steps and details you need to fill up to activate your phone without a SIM card.
- After your iPhone is activated, you will be suited to handle it on a Wi-Fi connection.
- Use the emergency call feature
There are some chances that this trick might not work, but you can give it a try. You need to switch on your iPhone to try this trick and follow these steps.
- As soon as you’ll switch on your iPhone, you’ll follow a feed saying there is no SIM card installed in this handset. Your initial step will be to press the Home button where you will receive an option to assess an emergency call.
- Tap on the emergency call option to dial 112 or 999 and instantly disconnect the call by pressing the power button.
- You’ll see a few pop-ups after disconnecting the call. Cancel them all.
- Your iPhone will be activated, and you’ll be on your home screen.
- Borrow someone’s SIM card to activate your phone
The methods mentioned above can make it possible for you to activate your iPhone without a SIM card. In case, those do not work, the easiest way to crack activation is to acquire all your data using a Wi-Fi connection and using your iPhone as an iPad or an iPod.
The following step would be to borrow someone’s SIM card and then use it to activate your phone. You may subsequently remove the SIM and issue it back. You will need a friend’s SIM card, a SIM removal tool, and a Wi-Fi connection.
Follow these steps to carry out a trial:
- If your iPhone is protected by a particular network, you may require a SIM card that the same network supports.
- Discard the SIM card from your friend’s iPhone and place it in your phone.
- Check out the customary setup preferences and make sure to log in to your Wi-Fi connection.
- Your phone will activate within a few minutes.
- You may instantly discard the SIM card and give it back to your friend. They will be suited to utilize it normally.
- You will be fit to use your iPhone but you cannot place any phone calls. You can do Skype, FaceTime, Facebook Messenger but no phone calls.
- Jailbreak your device
This is the last option left to activate an iPhone without a SIM card. If nothing else works in handling your phone without a SIM card, you can try jailbreaking your iPhone. We recommend you not to undertake this step if you have merely bought your iPhone as this will break your warranty. Therefore, you won’t be able to claim for any trouble caused in your iPhone.
If you still wish to jailbreak your device, here are some steps to follow:
- Visit the official iPhone unlock website.
- Search for iCloud unlocks and select it.
- Enter your iPhone details.
- This will take at least 3 days to unlock your phone.
These steps will jailbreak your phone, and you’ll lose your warranty. You can activate your iPhone without SIM card and handle your phone.
It is thoroughly recommended not to go for this process as it may compromise your data and it will keep on showing you errors until you secure them. You would not require your device to the flag.
Activating an iPhone is a crucial step before you can enjoy the unique features of your phone. You can do it even if you don’t have a SIM card yet. These steps mentioned above can support you in activating your iPhone and enable you to manage your device freely.
These steps are harmless and you can try activating your iPhone by implementing these steps, but make sure that you have your safety measures enacted in case anything goes unacceptable.
You Might Also Be Interested In: